This quarantine has everyone around the world backing up and working from home. This is, of course, a huge transition for people who have always worked outside of the home at a separate office, but for people who work from home, there has not been any remarkable change in their routine or overall levels of productivity. Home businesses are thriving, and if you happen to be interested in running your own embroidery business, then you must find the right sewing and embroidery machine for yourself. This is why we will be going over options for the best embroidery machine for home business in 2020 to help make the process a little easier for you.
The PE535 is a great option if you are looking for a sewing and embroidery machine made-easy option for yourself because this sewing machine is designed to help improve your embroidery experience. It offers are many great features including:
- A large lcd touchsreen, allowing you to view your designs before you embroider them.
- It comes with 10 different frame shapes and patterns.
- Also, this sewing machine comes with 9 different designs for lettering fonts as well.
- It also features a 4”x 4” embroidery area, giving you ample space to work with a large embroidery area.
- It does not have a short limited warrantee, instead, this particular model comes with a 25-year warranty which is a pretty impressive warranty.
- It has a built-in memory system and has an usb port, so you can import different designs into the sewing machine this way as well.
- It has an automatic needle threader set up as well, meaning you do not have to waste time and energy struggling to get the thread inside your needle or having to change threads because the sewing machine will do it for you.
- It also comes with a 4″x4″ embroidery hoop, ultimately making for a pleasant home embroidery experience.
Top 9 Best Embroidery Machine For Home Business in 2020
- Brother PE35
- EverSewn Sparrow X
- Baby Lock Accord
- Baby Lock Flourish II
- Janome MB-4S
- BERNINA 700 E
- Melco BRAVO
- Baby Lock Valiant
- BERNINA E 16
Now, if you are looking to revolutionize your sewing and embroidery experience, then the Sparrow X is a machine that provides a means to do just that. You can use your smart device to download the EverSewn Pro application and have a screen that is not limited to the size of your machine. This way you can embroidery hoop your design of choice and then watch as the machine does the rest.
The Sparrow X is a sewing and embroidery machine for home use. It is quick, simple to use, and is also incredibly versatile, allowing you to work a lot faster. So, if you are looking for a machine for home embroidery business, then the Sparrow X can be a significant investment for your small business.
- One of the best things about this embroidery machine is the fact that is compatible with all smart devices.
- If we are talking embroidery speed, then these machines offer 850 stitches per minute.
- It also offers speed control and comes with a thread cutter as well.
- It also offers over 100 built-in embroidery designs as well as an automatic needle threader.
- It comes with a working area of 4.75 x 7 inches as well.
- The Sparrow X also comes with editing features, allowing you to add, remove, resize, change colors, and make other additions to your design. This gives you a lot more design freedom and is a really good option if you want to make your embroidery designs, hence being a great option for an embroidery business.
- This is a combination machine, meaning that the Sparrow X can be used as an embroidery and sewing machine.
Now, if you looking to set up your home embroidery business, you might think that the best embroidery machine would be a bigger one, but that is not the case. The Accord is a great example of a small embroidery machine that does the absolute most.
- It comes with an lcd screen that is operated via a touch screen.
- It comes with over 250 built-in stitches, allowing for a lot of versatility and ease of use.
- It also comes with 141 built-in designs, allowing for the best embroidery experience.
- It comes with both sewing and embroidery options.
- The lcd touchscreen allows you to look at the color design on the computer screen before actually embroidering it on the machine, making it a great way for a small business to make sure that each design is made well, minimizing the likelihood of errors and mistakes.
- It comes with an automatic thread and speed control option as well.
- The embroidery speed can go up to 650 stitches per minute.
- It comes with 5 different styles for lettering fonts.
- It comes with a limited warranty of 25 years.
Now, as we are moving up the pricier embroidery machines, the Flourish II is an honorable mention. If you are a small business, you can do well by opting for this machine. It offers Baby Lock IQ technology that allows you to edit your designs and a bunch of other cool features including:
- An lcd touch screen.
- Up to 13 options in lettering fonts to choose from.
- Up to 181 built-in embroidery designs to choose from.
- An advances needle threader that also allows for an automatic needle set up.
- A large embroidery area of up to 6 1/4″ x 10 1/4″.
- A USB port that allows you to update your software and to import and export designs from the machine.
- It can double as both a sewing and embroidery machine.
- You can edit your designs on the computer screen on the machine.
- It comes with a limited warranty of up to 25 years.
Of course, starting a home embroidery business is not an easy job, and it will take time before you settle into the business and start earning enough to earn a profit. However, once you do get used to the motions of things and have built up a clientele, you will slowly start making profits and earning more from the business as more time passes.
Now, if you are looking for a proper embroidery machine that will truly help experts that are looking for the best embroidery machines for home use, then the janome mb-4s is the way to go. The janome mb-4s is great for running a home embroidery business, and this is because of the wide variety of features it has to offer including:
- A single head 4 needle style setup.
- 50 built-in designs to choose from
- It comes with a usb port, allowing for the transfer of different designs into the machine.
- Over the needle area, there are white led lights placed and set up.
- Editing functions that can be done on the computer screen of the embroidery machine.
- The janome mb-4s also has a sewing speed of up to 800 stitches per minute.
- The janome mb-4s also comes with a maximum embroidery size of up to 9.4″ x 7.9″ allowing for the accommodation of large embroidery designs, making this one of the reasons why this is considered to be amongst the best embroidery machines for home use.
It is also worth noting that this falls in the category of expensive embroidery machines, so unless you are pretty serious about your embroidery home business, we would not recommend buying it, especially if you are going to be using the machine casually or occasionally. Janome itself is a big name in the world of sewing embroidery and so on. The janome horizon is another noteworthy name in their line, and this is because the janome horizon offers features like the janome horizon memory craft, allowing you to be able to save designs and continuing to use them later. The janome horizon is believed to offer the machine best. So, the janome memory craft is a feature that defines some of the machine’s best embroidery machines for home use.
The Bernina 700E is another great option to consider for a home embroidery machine for home use. It can be a good embroidery machine if you know how to use it correct. It is also important to note that this is just an embroidery machine and does not double as a sewing and embroidery machine.
- It comes with a color touch screen
- It has LED sewing lights, allowing for a clear view, ensuring a good embroidery outcome.
- It has a maximum embroidery speed of up to 1000 stitches per minute.
- The needle threader is semi-automatic.
- It has a maximum embroidery area that goes up to 15.7″ x 8.3″
- It has up to 320 built-in embroidery designs to choose from.
- You can use the computer screen to view, resize, and even add designs.
- It comes with a single head 4 needle set up.
- If you go to history functions, you can continue to use your most recently used stitched pattern, so the machine can remember and keep track of your stitch history.
- You can update the software and the features to stay up-to-date with the latest releases and innovations.
Bravo embroidery machines are a formidable name in the world of embroidery and sewing, and that is not surprising given the size and the features offered by this particular model. However, it is important to note that that Bravo embroidering machines are considered to be industrial-grade and are seriously big machines, so they are going to be on the much higher end. These embroidery machines are made solely for mass production and should not be considered by people who want a simple embroidery machine for normal use. This is a machine that costs thousands of dollars and unless you plan on running a serious embroidery business with it, it is essentially useless for you.
The Valiant multi-needle embroidery machine is another noteworthy mention because it can get a lot accomplished without costing as much as certain other embroidery machines. This embroidery machine boasts a couple of features including:
- An LCD touch screen
- An HD screen
- An embroidery speed that goes up to 1000 stitches per minute
- 120 built-in designs to choose from.
- An embroidery field that goes up till 8″ x 14″.
- IQ Designer technology allowing you to add and sync designs into the machine via the application and/or usb port.
- A semi-automatic needle threader
- 10 needle machine setup.
- It comes with on-screen editing options, even allowing you to combine designs.
- It comes with 3 different fonts for monogramming.
The Valiant multi-needle embroidery machine has the features and the price point that makes it a top contender for the best needle embroidery machine title, so you should consider checking this machine as a machine for home business.
The final embroidery machine that we will be reviewing is the Bernina E 16. Bernina is a name that is known to everyone in the embroidery and sewing world and is known to build some of the best embroidery machines ever. The Bernina E 16 tends to stand out because it is the first multi-needle embroidery machine created by the company, making it even more notable.
This is a remarkable multi-needle embroidery machine that you should look into once as a potential option. This is an embroidery machine that would be considered nothing less than a professional-grade. So, if you are looking for the best embroidery machine for your home business, then the Bernina E16 is a good option to look towards. This machine offers a range of features including and not limited to:
- A big embroidery field of 400 x 350mm, allowing you to accommodate bigger embroidery designs.
- This is a machine that has a 16 needle setup, allowing for a much quicker and convenient job. The embroidery speed of this machine can go up to 1400 stitches, which is a remarkable feat to accomplish.
- You have a laser alignment setup that allows you to set up your design perfectly every single time, allowing for the top embroidery result every time.
- It offers different built-in stitches, including a micro chenille stitch which allows for 3D designs to be embroidered with ease.
There are of course different kinds of embroidery machines available that tend to vary in terms of what they have to offer. So, if you are looking for something simpler, then you can opt for the best embroidery machines that are designated for beginners and have fewer designs to offer. In case you happen to have the experience or are interested in starting up your own business, then you can opt for an embroidery machine that falls in that category. The top embroidery machine will be the one that has more embroidery designs, ease of use, and embroidery patterns.
If you need extra motivation before leaping into the world of embroidery, we will list down a few reasons why you should consider starting an embroidery business from home:
- One of the best things about working fabric and embroidery is that you never really run out of clients. A lot of people are always looking for embroidered clothes and there are a lot of companies and businesses that happen to need these services as well.
- You do not have to worry as much about startup costs and investments. All you need is fabric, embroidery thread and a good embroidery machine to get started.
- Similarly, you do not have to spend a lot on material costs because the materials are cheap and are sold in bulk usually, so they will last you a long time.
- You can choose to be as creative as you want with your embroidery, so you can opt solely for designs and prints, or you can opt for monogramming fonts and so on.
- You do not need a lot of space for your work area, plus most of these embroidery machines can be moved around. So, as long as your machine has a large working area, you are good to go.
- Once you have basics of embroidery figured out, the entire process becomes pretty seamless. Plus, a lot of machines now offer a feature like built-in memory, built-in embroidery designs, built-in stitches, led lights, and touch screen, and so on. Hence, making the machine easy to use, and help kick start your home-based embroidery business.
Now, before you leap into the world of professional embroidery, you might find yourself conflicted and still in need of answers, and that makes sense. This is why we are going to first answer some common questions and/or concerns you might be having before we dive into the review.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is joining the embroidery business profitable?
You might initially have your misgivings about having to work from home and joining a field that is not as well-known. At this point, you might even be wondering whether or not doing embroidery is going to help you earn any profits, which makes sense. To answer this question quickly, the answer is simply yes, the embroidery business can be rather profitable. Of course, to make your business profitable, you would have to be selling well-made goods that can compete with others in terms of both quality and pricing. So, with good material, design, and resources, you can make your embroidery business profitable.
How much can I make with an embroidery business?
Now, the next question you would have is how much can I make with a home embroidery business. Well, the answer to this question is not as simple. The answer here depends on the number of hours you are willing to put into doing labor, the number of items you produce per day, the number of sales you make, and then how you will divide the money and take out the profit. You can make a decent profit with your home embroidery business, but at the end of the day, the amount you make will be heavily reliant on the amount of effort you are willing to put in it.
How much does an embroidery machine cost?
The answer to this question depends on the type of embroidery machine you need. A basic embroidery machine can cost you anywhere around $300-$500, and this price will vary depending on the type of embroidery machine you opt for. Industrial-grade embroidery machines can go up to thousands of dollars in price. So, it ultimately comes down to the type of machine and your needs.
What is the best embroidery machine for beginners?
The final and most important question which we will be addressing is what makes a good embroidery machine for a beginner. The features that you should be looking for when it comes to beginner-level embroidery machines is how simple it is to understand, whether or not it is ergonomically friendly, and if it has the basic stitch options. This is a great way for you to get a grasp on the basics, and then as you improve, you can move onto more complex embroidery machines. If you want to know one of the best options you have, then the brother pe800 is a great example of an all-rounder embroidery machine that will suit beginners.