Today, we are going to take a look at the Brother 1034D. A budget friendly serger machine that offers promising features for its price point. In our review, we will take an in depth look at this serger and weigh out its pros and cons. Let’s jump into the review.
The Brother 1034D is a highly capable serger machine that offers a ton of useful functions. It comes with 5 different kinds of stitching options. This makes the 1034D a very versatile stitching machine. Along with plenty of stitching options, this machine is also quite adjustable. You have control over its speed and a variety of other elements. This allows you to tweak the machine’s functioning. The fabric differential feed speed can be adjusted as well. This means that you can adjust your speed’s performance to match a variety of fabric types. This, combined with the option to adjust your stitch width further increases this serger’s capabilities.
Not only is this machine versatile and lets you fine tune its functioning, it is also designed to maximize your productivity. It comes with a powerful motor that can dish out up to 1300 stitches per minute.
The 1034D is all about ease of use and performance. The machine makes sewing work more efficient and more pleasurable. A machine like this is a must have in any sewing workshop.
- The Brother Serger 1034D gives you 5 different stitching options. You can perform 4 and 3 thread overlocks stitches. Rolled and narrow hemming, and ribbon lock stitches as well.
- The stitch width can be adjusted from 5mm to 7mm. Making the adjustment is really simple; all you have to do is turn a knob to make fine adjustments.
- This serger’s threading process is designed to be as easy as possible. The internals are color coded, making passing the thread serger setup less hectic.
- The side arm is designed to be easy to remove. The needle area has a strong light fitted in it. This maximizes your visibility in any condition.
- You can adjust the fabric stitching speed with the help of a knob.
- The machine uses standard sewing machine needles. You do not have to worry about finding replacement needles.
- The machine comes with a powerful motor. It can do up to 1300 stitches per minute.
- The machine’s upper blades are fragile. This makes the machine unsuitable for working with thicker fabrics.
- Despite the color coding, the threading process can still be frustrating. It is entirely manual.
- The factory installed needle is prone to breaking easily.
Overall, the 1034D is a decent machine for anyone who is on a budget. It offers plenty of great features that allow you to do a lot with one machine. Keep in mind that this is not a heavy-duty machine. It is ideal for people who are new to sergers and wish to experiment. And also for amateurs who are not willing to invest too much money into their hobby.