As far as user friendly sergers go, the Janome 3434D is a superb machine. It makes overlock sergers easy to use without skimping out on useful and crucial features. Today, in our review, we are going to take an in depth look at this product. We will talk about what it has to offer and in which areas does it lack. So, without further ado, let’s get into the review.
At a glance, the 3434D does not look too spectacular. It has a run of the mill serger design. However, looks can be deceiving. This serger has plenty of features that make it a joy to use. The 3434D can perform 4 thread and 3 thread overlock stitches. This ensures that the sewing machine can produce a variety of hems and seams. Its stitching is quite versatile, this alone makes this machine a worthwhile investment. It can expand your stitching capabilities by quite a bit.
Apart from being able to produce a variety of stitches, this machine is also fast. It can do up to 1300 stitches per minute. Meaning that it can help you blaze through your work at superb speeds.
What’s really outstanding about this machine is that it does a lot to improve its user experience. You can make fine adjustments that allow you to make the most out of the machines. You can fine tune its arm pressure, its feed rate, and the length of your stitches as well. The machine comes with a built-in cutter that makes thread management easier as well. Overall, this machine does a lot to make your interactions with it simple. And thanks to this, you can focus more on your work and less on getting the machine to respond how you need it to.
- The machine has a portable body. It is compact and it comes with built-in handles.
- You can adjust the machine’s differential feed rate with an external dial. This allows you to setup the machine according to the type of fabric you’re working with.
- You can set the length of your stitches as well. The machine can produce stitches of 1mm to 4mm. The machine’s arm pressure is also adjustable.
- The 3434D comes with a whopping 5-year warranty on its mechanical parts. Its electrical parts are covered by a 2-year warranty.
- The amount of adjustability in its stitching performance makes the machine suitable for a variety of fabrics.
- Its controls are designed with beginners kept in mind.
- You cannot find any advanced features in this machine. It is a basic overlock serger.
- There have been complaints of its tensioning giving trouble.
- The machine’s threading system is manual, making threading difficult.
Overall, this serger is a good option for people who are looking to get into sergers. It only offers basic features, but it does not hold back on quality. It offers a quality user experience and efficient functionality. This machine will not be recommended for a professional, but it is great for any beginner.